Safe excavation using Air-Spade
We offer a range of Air-Spade pneumatic excavation equipment with full backup support.
The Air-Spade is the perfect tool for digging where there is potential for damage to buried pipes or cables using conventional excavation techniques. With Air-Spade extremely precise excavation is possible at an unprecedented speed.
When used in conjunction with an Air-Vac it is even more efficient. The Air-Spade displaces soil using compressed air at supersonic speed and Air-Vac’s venturi system sucks the debris up into a holding drum or tank.
UTILITY AIR-SPADE sets a new standard for air-excavation tools. Designed with safety in mind, the UTILITY AIR-SPADE features Air-Spade’s patented supersonic nozzle for rapid digging in the toughest of soils. With a high-voltage insulated barrel, and non-sparking nozzle, the UTILITY AIR-SPADE provides the highest degree of protection when working around underground electric and gas lines. Heavy-duty, thermally insulated handle is engineered to accommodate linesmen’s gloves. Multiple length extensions and accessories allow easy customization of the tool at the job site. Operates off a standard 185 cfm tow-behind compressor.
- Ergonomic, aluminum handle with retractable stabilizer bar and integral air-pressure gauge
- Insulated, 4 foot fiberglass barrel rated up to 300kV
- Adjustable, rubber spray shield
- Non-sparking brass, supersonic nozzle; 105 and 150 cfm sizes available
- Accessories feature heavy-duty, non-sparking brass, threaded connections